Saturday, April 3, 2010

Onward Into the Fray


Hotel full tonight with a combo of a Finnish Choir (try pronouncing anything it that language) and (I think) Ultimate Frisbee competitors.


"Ultimate" competitors rather. Frisbee got upset at the "copyright violation".


Last year, it was bad. Writhing masses of people screaming and yelling and getting drunk and falling into the pool and throwing up (and making lots of noise). This year? Better, in that all these things happened at about an 8 rather than a 10.


Point is; it's loud, but we keep an eye on it. When it gets to a certain time, or we feel it has gone out of control, we shoo them out. At that point, they're usually so drunk that they docilely respond like sheep and tromple off in a shambling herd to the streets in search of more booze, pizza, and booze.


This year, we did drink tickets. This altered the mood sufficiently that Miss. I Love Tequila Sunrises found her way to the bathroom beFORE fertilizing the potted palm.


Mr. I'm Not Staying At the Hotel came to buy drink tickets and attempted to chat me up.


Or rather, he did chat me up. The fact that I didn't buy into it did not mean that he did the deed.


It started with the clique:


Dude: "Redgirl? What a nice name..."

Me: (smiles)

Dude: (more inane stuff) "So...when do you get off?"

Me: "Eleven" (knows that by the time 11 hits, he'll be well on his way to being drunk and won't know Christopher Eccleston from David Tennant)

Dude: (knows this too, but still trying to be coy) "Aah, but the real question is, what are you doing for Easter?" (tomorrow)

Me: (sad, fake smile) "Working..."


What did he think I was going to say?


"Gosh golly! I'm off! We should, like, TOTally do something! What's your name, by the way? We could, you know, hunt eggs or something together *wink*"


(and I'm going to stop there, b/c you know I could take that too far for a reasonably PG-13 rated blog...)


Probably another post tonight; I just *know* this won't end quietly...

1 comment:

lifeshighway said...

Oh come on, don't leave me hanging.

Obviously hunting "eggs" does not require that
much skill. I mean, you always know where they are hidden. Think about it, what if it was really a hide and seek. Say you found one in a arm pit an another behind the knee. That would be worth your time wouldn't it?