Certain people (you know who you are) have been cheerfully suggesting that we all share New Year's Resolutions. While this idea is charming in it's naivete, there remains a problem.
I'm not writing anything down that people can then refer to:
Them: Hey! Your resolution list says that you were going exercise EVERY day!
You: I broke my flippin' ankle!
Them: But you saaaiiiid....
See? Not good.
In that spirit, I present to you some of MY resolutions*:
1) At least once a week, smile at a small child and think affectionate thoughts
2) Not to lose half finished letters to my little sister that I find 3 months later and have to decide then whether there is still enough interesting content and/or humor to still mail it to her.
3) Actually start practicing at home on my steno writer...let's start with once a week and see what happens.
4) Take the amount of times that I say I will write a blog post, divide it by a yet undetermined number, and have that actually be the number of times that I post.
5) Ditto for writing fiction.
6) No more than 2 pots of coffee a day (I'll drink tea instead)
7) At least once a day, decide NOT to say something rather than saying it. This will help me appear more mysterious and wise. It doesn't count if what I would have said was "Watch out for that car, you're gonna get hiiii.....ahh...too late"
*May or may not be factual or intended. Some humor may be implied. Do your bad things now; Santa's still sleeping off the eggnog. Batteries included if retail price is greater than $25.79. Instructions sold separately.